Monday, October 17, 2016

Maldives: Moofushi

Tags

Today I'll talk about a journey that I did back in 2005 (cabbage already been 10 years!).

Yes, I was in the Maldives, a paradise far away (at least for us), a group of paradise islands in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

Choose which island to visit the Maldives is not easy.
There are many beautiful islands and the photo is certainly not easy to determine which is best.
Obviously there are the self-imposed limits on the price, as some islands have a prohibitive cost!

The Maldives is in fact a very popular and well-known destination, but unfortunately also very expensive.
I potermici allow for a week of vacation I had to opt for a month at risk rain, riding with the low season.
This risky choice I did, however, save 50% of the cost of the trip ... but I was lucky because it has never rained.
If I had caught a week of rain in a place where you go only for the sea, it would be a real tragedy.

However, after much searching and many doubts, I chose to go to Moofushi, an island in the Ari.


Moofushi

I am booking over time to all via the agency and perhaps it was also the only way to visit the Maldives.
Entrusting myself then to a tour operator I booked a week's holiday on a beautiful island.

Maldive (Moofushi)

To get to the Maldives from Italy we bring about 10 hours of flight, to which is added a half hour by seaplane (which takes you from the capital Male to your island) or even more, if you choose as a second means the boat .

The island of Moofushi in itself was just small. Do you think he turned all on foot in just 5 minutes!
But it was really wonderful. I had never seen a sea so clear and so a white sand.

Something very special was that the island turned completely unshod, and of course there were no means of transport.
For a week so we completely forgot machines, traffic, chaos, stress ... there was only utter peace.

My accommodation was a beautiful overwater bungalows complete with terrace, hammock and a ladder that took you directly into the sea.

Maldive Moofushi bungalow

The really nice thing was that the ocean water temperature was perfect for swimming at any time of day or night, and since the water was always hot, there was no danger of congestion and you could do also the bathroom immediately after meals.

You say: the sea and the beautiful beaches there we have also in Italy ... it is true, for example, in Sardegna.
But I assure you that nothing compares to the beauty of the Maldives.
First, the sand is an unbeatable white, made of very fine coral sand.

Maldive Moofushi isola

Then it will be that the Maldives is an expensive place, and for a few, but there was never a crowd on the beach.
Since this is a place primarily of couples, often around I never saw anyone, it was almost like having the whole island for me.

But apart from the transparency and cleanliness of the water, that looking good can also be found in Italy, we want to talk about what was under the water?


Maldive Moofushi razza
Maldive Moofushi squalo

Obviously this is harmless animals, I never would have taken a bath :-)

Then I have been to other places such as Egypt and the Philippines, but I never found the seabed so beautiful for snorkeling.
Not only for corals, but especially for the many colorful fish that live there.
Egypt compares and maybe seabed the most populated, but the Maldives win for the size of the copies ... in my humble opinion.
And it's all within reach them without having to swim too much or take boat trips.
There was an entry point where the warm current dragging you and you had to do was get carried away and enjoy the show.

Maldive Moofushi snorkeling
Maldive Moofushi pesci
Maldive Moofushi pesce palla

Aside from snorkelling as they spend their days on such a small island?
Well in fact there was not much to do besides sunbathing.
As mentioned walks lasted just a little :) although there was a beautiful stretch of sand that allowed to stray far from the island and to thus enjoy the feeling of being alone in the ocean.

Maldive Moofushi panorama

Then if you want you could enjoy trips to the nearby islands to visit the classic fishing villages or even take boat trips to fish directly to you.
Day were also organized yoga and aerobics, always without much fuss, not to disturb the tranquility of the place.

In the evening there was a movement very soft, no disco or local rowdy.
On the island there was also a library, a bar, a small gym and a gift shop, and inside there was also a small football field where I saw him play local.

Speaking of local, the locals were really friendly and smiling.
Obviously they do for work, but seeing certain people here in Italy I learned not to give it more for granted :-)

There was then a beautiful seafront restaurant where there was even the private waiter that you poured a drink as soon as he saw that your glass was empty :o

Maldive Moofushi ristorante

What do you want? Really I do not know!
I think I spent the most beautiful and relaxing vacation ever.

I know that maybe one thinks that after a while 'you get bored in a place like this, but I have the feeling that I could stay there forever, never fed up of watching the fish swim, admire the stars lying on the hammock or dream in front of spledidi sunsets.


The only sour note of the Maldives is that, they say, because of the constant and unstoppable rise in sea level due to global warming, all those beautiful islands are expected to disappear one day :(

I leave you with the link to the album on picasa to admire all other photos:



>> Moofushi is Photos <<

Questa è la pagina più vecchia